HEADINGS AND DEFINITIONS
- The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
- “Activities” means infrared saunas, ice baths and/or dynamic breathing techniques.
- “CalmBar” includes all of its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, subcontractors, suppliers, licensors, volunteers, interns and employees.
- “Liabilities” includes any loss, liability, obligations, claims, or causes of action.
- “Terms” means the terms set out below.
- “"You” means the customer using the Calmbar Activities, being you.
- By using CalmBar, You acknowledge that you have carefully read these Terms and fully understand that they constitute a release of liability.
- You agree to take full responsibility for yourself as you use any of the Activities at CalmBar.
- You accept that you are voluntarily participating in the Activities, including the infrared saunas’, ice baths and breathwork and you assume all risk unto yourself from such participation. Risk may include, but not be limited to, physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, and death. You declare yourself as having received any necessary medical advice authorizing you to participate in the Activities and you confirm you are of adequate health to engage in the Activities
- To the maximum extent permitted by law:
i) You release and discharge CalmBar from any and all Liabilities whatsoever caused by your participation in the Activities
ii) You hereby waive all claims and all causes of action associated with your participation in the Activities.
- You agree to indemnify CalmBar for all Liabilities suffered or incurred by CalmBar associated with your participation in the Activities and any non-compliance with these Terms.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You agree that Calmbar to the maximum extent permitted by law shall not be liable for any special, indirect, punitive or consequential damages and losses.
- Nothing in these Terms will:
i) limit or exclude any Liabilities for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by CalmBar;
ii) limit or exclude any Liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
a) AGE RESTRICTIONS
i) The Activities are available only to those aged 16 years and over.
b) EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR CIRCUMSTANCES — You agree not to undertake any of the Activities without prior medical advice, in particular, if any of the any of the following conditions or circumstances apply to you:
- Cardiovascular issues, obesity or diabetes;
- You are taking medications, including but not limited to diuretics, barbiturates or beta-blockers;
- There is alcohol or drugs in your body, or you have a history of alcohol or drug usage;
- You are over sixty-five (65) years of age;
- You suffer from chronic conditions / diseases associated with reduced ability to sweat or perspire, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumours or Diabetes with Neuropathy;
- You are a haemophiliac or an individual prone to bleeding;
- You have a fever or heat insensitivity;
- You are pregnant or menstruating;
- You suffer from joint injuries or swelling;
- You have an implant, such as metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants; or
- You have a pacemaker or use a defibrillator;
c) ICE BATH INSTRUCTIONS
- You understand that you will receive a sauna and ice bath tour with verbal instructions during your initial visit which shall include details about the proper use of the equipment. You understand that the hydrotherapy instructions and these Terms serve as a general source of information and education concerning the Activities, and do not constitute specific advice to you or your circumstances.
- You must not rely on this information as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
- You must not use any of the Activities as treatment replacements.
d) MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website, or because of anything said in person or online by CalmBar staff.
- If done improperly, risks associated with breathwork include, but are not limited to, a reduction in oxygen supply to the body, which may result in feelings of dizziness and light-headedness.
- The risks of an infrared sauna include, but are not limited to, overheating. Prolonged sessions may cause dehydration, heat exhaustion, or heat stroke.
- The risks of cold baths include, but are not limited to hypothermia and vasoconstriction, including heart attack.
You agree to maintain good standards of behaviour at all times with any damage to facilities or equipment being your sole responsibility - charges may apply.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS, AND NO SHOWS
Deposits are non-refundable, you can reschedule your appointment up to 12 hours before the time of your appointment and your deposit will be transferred over to your future booking. If you are unable to reschedule, please contact us at least 12 hours before your appointment.
An appointment no show results in a charge of the full appointment fee.